Thursday 20 August 2015

Roasted mushrooms

I am the biggest mushroom lover I know and that is saying something as my OH loves them almost as much. Anything with the word mushroom in the recipe title and you usually get my full attention.  I was cruising the internet last week looking for not a lot really but found a version of roasted mushrooms.  Then I googled Roasted mushrooms, all good things popped up.  Being I have been doing slimming world plan since May I then adapted what I read and was very happy with the results. For this I used 

Button mushrooms ( chestnut or white)
Frylight ( 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil if preferred)
and seasoning 


Preheat oven to gas mark 6-7. Start by trimming the stalks off the mushrooms so they are level with the cap and place in a bowl. I found a double one and had to show you the cuteness.  Spray a baking tray with frylight and put to one side

spray the mushrooms in the bowl with frylight/olive oil, toss around and season and toss around again, then when each one has a coating place them cut side down on the baking tray.  Place in oven for 25-30 minutes, then take them out turn them over and place back in oven for another 10 minutes.

Although the look leathery and shriveled they should still have moisture in them and taste concentrated. You could of course play with the flavouring using herbs, spices, garlic or garlic frylight perhaps? The possibilities are endless.  



No comments:

Post a Comment