Monday 17 December 2012

Advent 11 Shortbread




This is the shortbread my stepdad adores and I will often make him these as part of his christmas gift or as a thank you if he does me a favour
we start with

225 plain flour
75 g vanilla sugar ( or sugar and some vanilla extract)
150 room temp butter
50 g granulated sugar for dusting 

and an oven at gas mark 4 

I put the whole lot in my mixer until it comes together as above, you could of course rub together everything by hand in a big bowl.  When it comes together roll out until it is about half a cm thick and stamp out desired shapes.  Luke chose small stars. Bake for 10-15 minutes until just starting to colour at the edges. Turning halfway though to cook evennly if needed..  When taking out the oven sprinkle immediately with extra sugar and leave to cool on baking sheet 

No comments:

Post a Comment