Tuesday 28 August 2012

Crackle bread


This was a Lorraine Pascale recipe from her latest book Fast, Fresh and Easy food. And like all her recipes it tasted brilliant.  There is a small amount of wholemeal bread flour which really adds to the taste and texture beautifully. 

My top didn't crackle to well to look like tiger bread or giraffe bread. But the taste and texture were enough to forgive this. I wasn't sure if the 'thickish' paste was indeed to thick and added more liquid.  It's a yeasted mixture of yeast, rice flour, oil, sugar and salt so I think I might of diluted it to much. On the other hand I have had to buy a new oven as mine died. So Could of been many faults on my behalf as to why mine didn't crackle to well. 

Below is a photo of just before it went into the oven with it's crackle glaze. It is certainly going to be used again in our house.  We love Lozza here :o)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie

    This happened to me the second time. Which was made all the more annoying as it came out with a showroom-crack the first time I did it.

    The only thing I did differently each time was that I steamed my oven on the first loaf, and neglected to on the second.


    Just thought I'd say! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feedback. It's something I will give a go next time I make it. Thanks again :o)

    ReplyDelete